Category Archives: Moving Truck Fumigation
Once virtually eradicated in the United States, bed bugs have become America’s pest nightmare, especially here in the five boroughs of New York City. Bed bugs are the ultimate hitchhikers, no place is immune from them — homes, apartments, offices, hospitals, assisted living facilities and even five-star hotels. Bed Bugs hide in furniture, mattresses, box springs, bedding, clothing, fine art, musical instruments, books, electronics, computers, photo albums, jewelry boxes, office files, recliners, vinyl records, etc. and can spread from one location to another during a move.
For those individuals, families, students on the move between residences and do not wish to take bed bugs with them, BBFS offers a safe, clean, odorless, convenient, affordable and 100% effective Vikane fumigation service solution. ALL worldly belongings can be safely fumigated with Vikane gas in ONE SINGLE OVERNIGHT service to insure that any Bed Bugs and Bed Bug Eggs are eliminated before moving into a new home or apartment!
How Containerized Fumigation Service works:
- Client hires BBFS partner moving company to organize and move their personal items and delivers truck to BBFS secure facility for overnight fumigation service.
- A certified BBFS fumigation technician will administer and seal Vikane gas fumigant at secure facility overnight fumigation service.
- Moving Company returns following morning picking up truck to move client into new home bed bug free!
- Client contacts any of the major rental companies to rent a truck/van.
- Client contacts BBFS to schedule fumigation services (date/time, type/size of truck, location of fumigation service, pricing, etc.)
- Client loads personal items to be fumigated into rental truck/van and delivers truck/van to secure BBFS facility on scheduled date of service.
- A certified BBFS fumigation technician will administer and seal Vikane gas fumigant inside truck/van at secure facility for overnight fumigation service.
- Client returns to secure BBFS facility the following morning to move to new home bed bug free!
During a move is the perfect time to use Vikane® gas fumigant as Containerized Fumigation is proven to be 100% effective in a single treatment! Pest Control Professionals and their customers have relied on Vikane® gas fumigant for over 50 years to solve the toughest pest problems – drywood termites, wood-destroying organisms, bed bugs and more!
BBFS provides a “One Year Bed Bug Free” warranty with a certified K9 inspection of the clients new home prior to move in.
Find out more about how using Vikane® gas fumigant can eliminate bed bugs during your moves, contact Bed Bug Fumigation Specialists at 877-966-4824 today.
Original Post (By Teri Rogers and Margot Slade): Read it HERE
If you are moving, you may be understandably concerned about picking up bed bugs in transit.
Yet whether out of cost worries, denial or ignorance, New York City moving and storage companies have been slow to adopt procedures that cut down the risk of in-truck transmission. So we were intrigued to hear that Moishe’s, the 30-year-old local moving company, recently announced a prevention program.
Among other things, the company has stopped wrapping furniture in blankets, which are an easy and obvious means of conveyance for bed bugs. Instead, furniture, mattresses and objects are wrapped in moving-quality, tear-resistant plastic bags sealed with heavy-duty tape. That diminishes the risk of picking up bugs from the truck and also the chance that bugs will wander into the truck from infested furniture. (No special precautions are taken with moving boxes, however.)
Moishe’s is also doing monthly canine inspections of each truck, and then fumigating trucks that come up positive.
So is this enough?
We asked entomologist and pest management expert Gil Bloom of Standard Pest Management in Queens. After calling up Moishe’s with a few questions of his own, he seemed reasonably satisfied.
“Unlike any other company that I know of, they apparently do have an organized, systemic way of addressing the issue,” said Bloom, recently named #1 bed bug warrior by NY Magazine and deeply involved in the city’s efforts to battle bed bugs.
If you’re really concerned, Bloom notes, Moishe will perform a canine inspection of your truck the day before for an extra fee.
For ultimate peace of mind–and for anyone moving away from a bed bug issue–get the truck fumigated with all of your belongings inside.
“That way you pretty much know you are safe from transporting anything,” says Bloom.